Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Grateful Entries

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 325: Today, I am grateful for grateful entries. 

It is all about the entrance, right? How do we enter a new space or an old familiar place? 

 Walker used to talk about rolling into town during his college years and smelling the "pumpkin guts". I do not love that smell, but to a boy coming home from college, it triggered the warmth of coming home. 

He took in the sights, sounds and smells of  "the Morton 102 exit" with joy... with the window rolled down. It brought him home.  

We used to sing this praise song:

 "I will enter His courts with thanksgiving in my heart; I will enter His courts with praise. I will say, "This is the day, that the Lord has made; I will rejoice for he has made me glad."  The chorus was, "He has made me glad. He has made me glad. I will rejoice, for He has made me glad!"

 "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." -Psalm 100: 4-5

Can you hear the cymbals and the tambourines when you read this passage? It comes to life simply in the reading. It celebrates grateful entries. 

Many will take to the road this weekend. Be safe. 

Enjoy the fellowship and the family. As we get our fill of the Thanksgiving feast, pause to reflect on the feast ahead. The Marriage Supper of the Lamb is coming. 

"it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.  And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." -Revelation 19:8-10

Have you made your reservation and completed the R.S.V.P.? 

Today, I am grateful for grateful entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment