Saturday, January 21, 2023

Snail Mail

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 21: Today, I am grateful for "snail mail". 

My cousin, Cheryl, sent me a card with this picture by snail mail this week. Oh my goodness!  It included a picture of her with my sister, April. We have so few pictures of April and this one is priceless. To have one of Cheryl is a bonus, too. 

We giggled about the fashion trends of that day... early 90's... and it was not long before April left for the Air Force - as this was her Air Force hair-do. What a fun treat in the mailbox. 

Her card brought "good news" and that is a bonus! 

Never, ever underestimate the power of a paper hug and a picture. I love to make cards but I am terrible about getting them to the mailbox. This year, perhaps I will master a system for sending out cards... in fact... I may do that as my 2022 Christmas card that did not get sent. When you least expect it... it will appear. 

Snail mail is good for the soul. One of my favorite scriptures grew dear to my heart because Chris Wright, a former youth pastor... had his father's shoes mounted on the wall with this scripture:

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who bringgood news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns! "-Isaiah 52:7 

Or in the New Testament-

And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” -Romans 10:15

Let there be GOOD NEWS! Let there be celebration when there is hope and a future... and there is for all who know Him as Lord. 

Today, I am grateful for "snail mail". 


No comments:

Post a Comment