Saturday, May 20, 2017

Joy is a Habit

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 140: Today, I am grateful that when joy is a habit, love is a reflex. 

Bob Goff touches my heart with another fun quote. 

"When joy is a habit, love is a reflex." 

Joy can be cultivated in the garden of gratitude. When the focus becomes what we have, instead of what the neighbor or the television convince us we want... the spirit of jealousy melts away. We can live more fully in the moment instead of fretting the next destination. 

Why do we wish away this moment for one that may never come? We can choose joy in this day. A joyful spirit makes the heart merry. Love pours out. Any random moment can become a special event. Bob says, "Love does." 

One random act of kindness tend to lead to another. Why? It feels good. We were not planted here to be miserable and cantankerous. We were born to live, grow, celebrate, experience and be satisfied in His presence. 

I was going for "this is the day" but then He gave this one:

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. -Romans 15:5-6

I think I am going to start calling it "Author's Choice" when He trumps me with a better verse than I had in my head. It is perfect. 

To live in harmony and glorify him with "one voice"... it is what happens when joy is intentional, gratitude is real and love changes everything. 


Today, I am grateful that when joy is a habit, love is a reflex





No comments:

Post a Comment