Monday, May 8, 2017

The Intersect

Daily Gratitude Year 5- Day 128: Today, I am grateful for the point where passion and purpose intersect. 

Why are there times I am so afraid to step into the wonder and the wow of embracing his grace and gifts? Each one on of us is granted a unique skill set. We all have slightly different passions and they direct our days and our ways. Each one of us was created with intention... given a God breathed soul breath... and packed full of promise. We have but a two fold purpose for being... to learn to love him and to learn to love each other. 

We choose Him or refuse Him. Not that hard. Not always easy. Or, is it easier than I think?

The enemy whispers "You'll be miserable if you let God be the boss of you." He is a liar. The original liar!

The truth is... his love leads us calmly and safely through every valley and shadow, if we follow him. 
P
A life of fear, days of boredom or years of discontentment are the farthest thing from the heartbeat of God. His heart oozes love, joy and adventure. Sometimes, I am a chicken. I fail to trust his voice and his lead. That, my friend, is on me... not Him. 

"God's plan for us is usually where our passions, our purpose and our capabilities intersect." - Bob Goff

We are called to go and make disciples... to introduce those who have never heard the Good News of Christ to all nations and people. It looks different for every one of us, because we are unique creations. Science is still ponders the wonder of our uniqueness. 

We are made in his image, and each purposefully designed with something special. 

Earworm is awake and singing, "This little light of mine. I'm gonna let it shine." The old children's song... not my preferred version by "Go Fish". Any way you sing it, there is a line, "Hide it under a bushel? No! I'm gonna let it shine." 

It is time to embrace the point were passion and purpose intersect. The days here are but a dash. Time is ticking. The freedom in Christ is only experienced when we are brave enough to step out of our comfort zone and into his purpose. 

This is as much for me today, as it is for you. I'm not preaching it. I'm a fellow pilgrim on the journey to the center of his heart. I want to wake up every morning and whisper these words... "I am yours and your are mine. What shall we do with this day?"

The sweetness of his reply. 

"Be still and know I AM God." - Psalm 46:10

Yes, He is! He's got this. I'm riding shotgun. I can hang my head out the window and laugh like a crazy woman. Won't that be fun?

Today, I am grateful for the point where passion and purpose intersect. 






No comments:

Post a Comment