Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Gratitude Journals

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 298- Today, I am grateful for Gratitude Journals. 

Today marks 3,950 days of keeping a gratitude journal. 564 weeks plus two days. Or, 10 years, 9 months and 25 days. Sometimes, I cannot believe it has been a daily practice for so many days. In truth, it has become a little like breathing. I need it. 

I missed a Facebook Gratitude challenge in November 2012. Life had just thrown a curve ball and Facebook was the last thing on my mind. 

It was mid-November in 2012 before I realized people were sharing "Daily Gratitude" every day in November. I was too late, but decided that I would be intentional on January 1, 2013. I have always known that gratitude is powerful. When we can't change our circumstance, it is up to us to change how we view our circumstance. 

Gratitude journaling is soul food. Praise songs are spoken gratitude making them powerful tools in worship and for coping when hard times come. 

Gratitude is key in healthy relationships. Gratitude fills the valleys of discontentment and helps level the playing field. Gratitude is a practice. 

Real gratitude is genuine, never fake, and never forced. It is intentional and on the best days... it might be inspirational. 

You might think this is weird... but sometimes the Spirit and I play a little game of "whose verse is better?" (Spoiler alert... when He plays... he wins.) I was heading to a specific verse, but prayed my "let me know if you've got anything better" prayer. This was my "Verse of the Day" at biblegateway.com where I copy references for my daily posts:  

"singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." -Ephesians 5:19-20

No coincidence there. What are the odds? There are 31,102 verses in the Bible, which is made up of 23,145 verses in the Old Testament and 7,957 verses in the New Testament. 

Speak gratitude. Write it down. Savor every opportunity to share thanks from a grateful heart. 

November is just around the corner. Would you consider keeping a Gratitude journal for 30 days? It isn't hard and I will be here to cheer you on. 

Today, I am grateful for Gratitude Journals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment