Friday, October 6, 2023

To Walk In Truth

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 279- Today, I am grateful we can walk in truth. 

This world would lead us to believe that truth is subjective. We were warned that it would be this way in the last days. 

Since God's hourglass is not a 24 hour clock, we do not know how many generations will qualify as "the last days." The length of that season isn't important. What is important is knowing the Truth and letting that Truth guide our days. 

I used to avoid Revelation. I am so grateful our Sunday school class studied Revelation several  years ago. I now find it fascinating. I still don't understand it, but it sparks more curiosity than fear. The "Letters to the Churches" leave me wondering to which church of this day are the letters addressing? 

Petra used to sing a song called, "Living in Laodicea." In Revelation, Laodicea is the church that once burned bright, but has allowed culture to impact it in a way that it is merely "lukewarm." The lukewarm is spit out. I don't want to be spit out.

This passage has been a growing favorite of mine: 

"It has given me great joy to find some of your children walkinin the truth, just as the Father commanded us." -2 John 1:4

A dear friend and sister in Christ finished her race to receive her crown on Wednesday evening. All of the mysteries have been answered for her. She has heard "well done, good and faithful servant." (I am not quite ready to write about her life as a gratitude post... but it will come soon.)

Heaven is for real. Prophecy is unfolding all around us... I may lose some readers today... but I have to answer to the One who took my nails and paid my entry fee. We were purchased at a price and then made adopted children. Wow! Right? Adopted means joint heirs with Jesus as an old gospel song used to frame it.  

Are we as hungry to know His Word and to seek His Way as we are to get tickets to a big game or a big concert event? 

Heavenly reunions are a day closer today than they were yesterday. We can guarantee our seats at the reunion table with a simple prayer (Romans 10:9) and sincere surrender (Romans 12:1). 

"Not they will but thine be done..." Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.

Today, I am grateful we can walk in truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment