Sunday, October 15, 2023

Grateful Memories

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 288 - Today, I am grateful for grateful memories.

"Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive times of sorrow." -Robert Louis Stevenson

What a beautiful quote. Not one I was familiar with before today. 

"Like a bird singing in the rain." Not caring about the rain, just singing because he has a song to sing. 

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." -Psalm 19:14

Not every memory is sweet and good. Some are hard. It makes the grateful memories even more precious. 

Today, we celebrated the first birthday of sweet little Nora Claire Leander. The first year has gone so fast. It seems like yesterday she was a newborn. Now she walks and keeps up with her big brothers. She loves to dance. She makes my soul sing. It is fun getting to be an "Auntie" to a few more little ones. Nora was, also, dedicated at church today, in the same place her Daddy was dedicated more than 30 years ago. 

I am thankful for the sweet memories that last a lifetime. 

Today, I am grateful for grateful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment