Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Warm Morning Beverage

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 304- Today, I am grateful for a warm beverage in the morning. 

There is nothing like a warm beverage to warm us from the inside out. Coffee (decaf with cream), tea (herbal), cocoa, cacao (Choffy Volt Dark is my favorite), wassail, and hot cider are just a few of the warm beverages that I love to sip and savor. 

For me, 365 days a year... mornings require a warm beverage. It is comfort and joy. It kick starts the day... even though I avoid caffeine. It is about the ritual of my hands wrapped around a warm mug of goodness that I need to start the day off on the right foot. 

Chase and Emma gave me my first bag of Cacao for Mother's Day in 2022. It is brewed in a French Press and offers that dark chocolate flavor with very few calories... not to mention its many health benefits. 

"Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless." -James 2:15-17

A warm beverage is wonderful. One shared with a loved one or friend is even better. 

Today, I am grateful for a warm beverage in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment