Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Favorite Fall Scents


Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 305- Today, I am grateful for my favorite fall scents. 

We live in a stuff obsessed society. It is so easy to become caught up in the chaos. When contemplating daily gratitude, I find it helpful to focus on the five senses. 

What are your favorite fall scents? I bet you have more than one or more. 

One fall scent that whisks me back to childhood is the scent of grain flowing from a combine auger into a wagon. That harvest smell is one that makes my soul dance. It brings back so many memories. It is a glorious and unique scent. 


Another is the scent of cinnamon that says "welcome home" and "Christmas is coming." I associate it with wassail (a hot spiced apple/cranberry beverage) and holiday baking. Paul mentions gifts being like a sweet-smelling sacrifice in one letter to the church at Philippi after Epaphroditus arrives with a care package

"At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God." -Philippians 4:18

Today, I am grateful for my favorite fall scents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment