Monday, November 27, 2023

Time to Sleep

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 330- Today, I am grateful for time to sleep. 

One thing the long weekend give us is a little extra sleep time. Sleep is so good. 

The first real snow of the season came gently. We woke up to the ground and trees covered. There is always something majestic about the scene. 

"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again." -Lewis Carroll

I love the image created by this passage. The earth does not weep because the summer is spent and autumn has lost its color. It seizes the opportunity to rest and restore. Nature has lessons to teach us. 

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety." -Psalm 4:8

Today, I am grateful for time to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment