Monday, November 13, 2023

Walker

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 317- Today, I am grateful for Walker.

It is the anniversary of the arrival of the baby boy who completed our family of four. He was long awaited by us and by Chase. The 5 years and 3 months between them made one a hero and the other a treasure. 

Some of my favorite memories of them as children are the times I found them simply enjoying each other. Chase was always ready to guide and protect. Walker looked up to Chase in the special way little brothers do. 

Giving birth to a baby around the holidays is special. Walker was a newborn at Thanksgiving and a month old at Christmas. I am sure post-partum emotions were running high, but what I remember most was the wonder of it all. Holding another miracle in our arms. Another baby boy to love and watch grow up. 

Walker has the most generous heart. His compassion for others runs deep. He is loyal and fun. He has always added laughter to our family. He still does. 

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb." -Psalm 139:13

In just a blink of the eye our little boys become men, but in truth... God is still writing their story. 

Happy Birthday, Walker. We love you more than we can put into words. 

Today, I am grateful for Walker. 


No comments:

Post a Comment