Thursday, November 16, 2023

No Coats in November

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 320- Today, I am grateful for no coats in November.

What a glorious thing it is to not have to wear a coat in November. November in Illinois is usually pretty cool to cold and the wind and the rains often come. As the beautiful leaves fall to the ground, taking their final bow, they will die and nourish the earth. 

The sun was warm today - in the high 60's - and absolutely gorgeous. It is good to see people out walking and truly enjoying it. 

Savor these days, as this too shall pass. You know how I feel about Thanksgiving. It is probably my favorite holiday because it is not as crazy on the calendar. I don't want to rush Christmas. I love it, but it will come soon enough.  

These extraordinary days kind of defy the patterns and laws of nature, so I want to be sure and celebrate them with intention.

"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law."  -Psalm 119:18

Open my eyes that I may see.

Today, I am grateful for no coats in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment