Sunday, November 19, 2023

Practical Shoes

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 323- Today, I am grateful for practical shoes.

Shoes have been a gratitude theme today. 

Practical shoes are ones you can wear all day and your feet do not hurt. They are the right shoes for the job at hand. We like rubber boots for the rain and warm winter boots for the snow. I know some who wouldn't give up their fuzzy Crocs. I am very serious about  the cute factor, but in the end, practicality usually wins. 

Shoes are necessary, although I would rather be barefoot. Spring, summer, and as far as I can into the fall, I wear sandals. I always joke that I breathe through my toes. I typically go from sandals to boots. I do have some flats I wear when the weather or day's demands require more. I have the boots pictured in this post. The low heel makes them easy to wear. The fringe makes them fun.

I had a conference in Chicago over the weekend, practical shoes were a necessity. Walking everywhere we went was great for my step count, but my feet are still recovering. 

I thought this passage worked well: 

"For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared." -Ephesians 6:15

The full passage talks about putting on about putting the full armor of God. It mentions peace as a tool and being fully prepared.

Be prepared... and wear cute practical shoes.

Today, I am grateful for practical shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment