Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Morning Cravings

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 80: Today... I am grateful for morning cravings.
Image from: The Word for the Day
Some think 5:30 am... my time of day... is too early.  I am rested, relaxed and the dark silence of the just before dawn hour has a sacredness about it that has a word lover like me stumped for the right words to describe it.  

All seems right with the world. What isn't right... doesn't seem so daunting when there is time to get grounded, prayed up and geared up for the day. In the morning, I have developed a craving for a fresh touch of his grace through time spent seeking him with a grateful heart each morning. 

Pre-boots. Pre-sandals. Pre-bra! It's good. 

Quiet, coffee and Jesus. 

All three are pretty special on their own... the combination is day changing. 

Practicing daily thankfulness is life changing. I'm so grateful for those who have joined the journey into gratitude. This scripture needs to go into our favorites:


"My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you." -Isaiah 26:9a (NIV)

That sums it up. My soul yearns for a fresh touch of His Spirit first thing in the morning. Just like it needs the coffee (or your beverage of choice) and the quiet rituals for preparing for a new day. 

Each week comes with it's own brand of craziness. That's life on planet earth. If we don't focus on our purpose, it is easy to get tossed in the waves of this week's wackiness. No need to be afraid. He promises to go with us wherever we go.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

We can be fearless. We can choose the right thing. We can go against swim upstream when called and be lifted on eagles wings when our human strength is spent. Sometimes, I believe he does his best work in our hearts when we find ourselves in a place of total reliance on him. He wants that devotion in our blessings, but for me... and many... trials remind me how much I need his intervention in my life. 

He wants us to crave that connection in our ordinary days.  Ordinary Mondays, Tuesdays... Wednesdays and Thursdays, too. He want's to be with us. 

I want to crave Him without the trial. I want to crave him like coffee and dark chocolate. 

Gratitude seems to be a key to unlocking that door. 

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. -Jeremiah 29:13

Hold nothing back. Offer it all up. Crave Him.

Gratitude does not change God... it changes us!

Today... I am grateful for morning cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment