Monday, March 27, 2017

To Belong

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 85: Today... I am grateful to belong.

If anyone was ever confused on the matter... sometimes it is hard to be girl. Especially a teenage girl. 

While culture often praises men for taking new roads, being unique and original thinkers, traditionally, it is not the same for women. Men are "the doers" and female roles are more about "the be". 

We were created for "the be"... to be in relationship. For most women, to be lonely can be a real a struggle. Some will sacrifice much to be included or feel they belong. 

Now... before anyone is in a huff... hear me out. I think equal pay for equal work is fair. There is integrity in that kind of pay scale, but there will always... by God's amazing design... be differences between men and women. 

Communication experts report that women want to talk about a problem or struggle and feel heard... while men want a plan and a solution to fix it. Sometimes... just "venting" is enough to give a girl a deep breath. 

God created us equal but different. Yes, we are programmed differently. We are built differently. We are by nature's design... softer, padded in spots and not as physically strong; that does not make us weak. Historically... men go to war... but women who rebuild. Culture tells us that we are emotionally weak... history proves, that is not true. 

Shakespeare said: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." 
Solomon said: "Strength and dignity are her clothing" Proverbs 31:25

We forget to whom we belong and buy the messages in the media. Strength and dignity are powerful. 
While digging for scripture...this one popped up as my verse for the day. 


On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Psalm 62:7 ESV
On God rests my salvation... and my glory. "My glory"?  
I don't now about you, but my life is not that glamourous. Since an "and" is a counjunction, let's separate the two thoughts.

"On God rests my salvation." - Absolutely. I think on this often.
"On God rests my glory." - Wow! If there is anything good, or amazing or notable in my life... it is all on him, because I am his and He is mine. We are his beloved. Beyond that, there is no longer a need for worldly approval because the "lover of our souls" satisfies beyond any human relationship.
My beloved is mine, and I am his; -Song of Solomon 2:16
Knowing, believing and trusting in His love changes everything. We no longer need to invitation, the approval or the acknowledgement of the world. There is a quiet, rock solid peace that arrives with this truth. It makes us better lovers of others. 
"What really matters in the midst of all the ebb and flow is who you are and to whom you belong." -Lisa Bevere
Never underestimate a woman who knows to whom she belongs. The world can't take it's punches... but she stands firm in the shadow of the cross and the shelter of his wings. 
Sometimes, I forget. Most of us have those moments. 
Today... I am grateful to belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment