Saturday, March 25, 2017

Wild Things

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 84: Today... I am grateful for wild things.


Today, I was struck by the freedom that comes from embracing what is wild within us. We can color outside the lines. I think God smiles when we do. 

As the mother of sons... I am familiar with wild things. I like them. Our mission is not to tame them, but to grow them. Sure, we put up some boundaries to keep them safe... boundaries that most children will push... but part of discovering their path is experiencing the wonder of their wild. 

Climb the tree a little higher.
Build the tower a little taller.
Jump out of airplanes.

Sky dive.
Explore science a little deeper.
Try strange foods.
Experience sleeplessness.
Seek new places.
Meet new faces.


One of the great lies of this world is the idea living out a relationship with Jesus is boring, dull and uneventful. Big. Fat. Lie.

Religion and relationship are not the same thing at all. The more we love Him, seek His face and chase after His heart, the more we will find we are filled with love for others. Now, I am a long ways from where I want to be, but I am farther along than I used to be. He never changes, but he changes me.  

Learning to love him with whimsy and abandon... it is where the wild ones are.

It is the moment when we present our lives as a sacrifice to His service... whatever that means.

Ask Noah... called to build the first cruise ship for animals.
Ask Moses... who saw one adventure after the next.
Ask Peter... he called him to step out onto the waves.
Ask Paul... Mr. Religion before he met the Master.
Ask Nehemiah... who left his high post with the King to rebuild Jerusalem's wall with a bunch of complainers.

Ask anyone who dared to trust and step out in faith.

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

Nobody puts God in a box. He is greater than our human minds can imagine, yet... He wants to be with us, know us and grow us. His love is limitless and it knocks down walls. It already conquered death.

Today, my prayer is to seek a little more wild... and to see the potential for adventure when He lays it at my feet. He really is an amazing God.



Today... I am grateful for wild things.






No comments:

Post a Comment