Friday, March 17, 2017

Spring Green

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 76: Today... I am grateful for Spring Green.

Every so often... I have to be grateful for a color. I adore spring green. 

I believe in the big box of crayons because every color has a place and a purpose, but some crayons sing out to be chosen. 

Spring green is more yellow than blue. It has more warmth. It wakes up a page, just as spring leaves and spring spouts from the grown are some of the earliest signs of new life. 

Winter's death curse is broken. Hope is born again. Spring green says "don't give up"... just wait. 

It is, seriously, one of my favorite crayons in the box. It shouts new life.

Well... HE did it again. I went to find my scripture choice and this was my "Verse of the Day" at Biblegateway. (He always wins at this game.) 

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake." -Psalm 23:1-3 

Okay... so his choice is better than mine. 

"The Lord is my shepherd; He takes care of us.
I shall not want. I have all that I need. 
He makes me lie down Sometimes, I don't know what I need.
in green pastures. In fields of spring green, forest green and clover green
He leads me beside still waters. To rest and to teach me to rest.
He restores my soul. Until I am feeling youthfully green.
He leads me in paths of righteousness His path, new paths & green paths.
for his name's sake." Because, His children are His. By birth or by adoption... no difference. We are His. 

My verse is a nice one for St. Patrick's Day.

"And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything." - Genesis 9:3b

Maybe... just maybe... they compliment each other perfectly. We have a shepherd who provides for our every need. He gives us spring green to rest in, to eat and to celebrate. He is new life. 

Today... I am grateful for Spring Green.


No comments:

Post a Comment