Thursday, September 1, 2022

Jennifer


 Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 243: Today, I am grateful for Jennifer.

I truly won the jackpot in the Sister-in-Love department on both Randy's side and mine. I am so grateful for any time we get to spend together.

Jennifer is the one I get to see the most because she lives the closest. I am so grateful my little brother chose well. She fiercely loves all of the people she calls family and friends. She has a kind heart and a generous spirit.

Jennifer is as much a part of the Bess/Lindgren clans as she is the one she was born into. We are all grateful for her and don't tell her enough. I am trying to be more intentional in letting her know how deep and wide my love is for her. We have shared nearly a lifetime of joys and sorrows. I didn't pick her, but I would choose her again and again.

When Ruth suggested to Naomi that being in-laws was more that a legal title, the grieving Naomi did not know what to do with it. Three widows stood in sorrow, clueless of how to press on. Orpah went back to the life she had known before. Ruth did not.

Ruth clung to her miserable Mother-in-Law and chose to love her no matter what. Ruth didn't give in to the grief, she plowed through it. She didn't give up on Naomi. She tried to share her resilience with Naomi. She gleaned the wheat so they could eat.

"At this they wept aloud again. Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law goodbye, but Ruth clung to her. “Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her.” But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. -Ruth 1:14-16

There are seasons of celebrations - like weddings, vacations and birthdays - and there times when we hold each other up. That is what sister's do. I am so grateful she is my people!

The anniversary of her arrival on the planet is always a reason to celebrate. Happy Birthday, Jennifer.

Today, I am grateful for Jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment