Wednesday, September 28, 2022

A Bed

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 271: Today, I am grateful  to have a bed.

I saw this image online and had to laugh. I often joke that "My dog has a really nice bed. It used to be mine."

 No truer story was ever told. Daisy Mae is 70 pounds of thunder when she jumps on the bed and stares at us until we let her under the covers. Please don't judge us. She is a little spoiled.  She loves her bed... I mean our bed. 

One of us is a pushover. I am not going to say which one of us it is... (hint- it's not me)and her big brown eyes are quite pathetic when she at stares us into compliance. She never loses hope  and her persistence pays off. 

I was thinking tonight about the simple blessing of a soft, clean and cozy bed. So many in the world sleep in much more humble circumstances. I may have to share my bed - but I have one.

Jesus, the Messiah, was born in a stable and placed in a manger. The Savior of the world was born with no bed to call his own. 

"She gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them." -Luke 2:7

What a humbling reminder of His lowly birth and simple life. 

Today, I am grateful  to have a bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment