Thursday, September 15, 2022

Volunteers

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 258: Today, I am grateful for volunteers.

Summer and fall are festival seasons. For our little town, the Pumpkin Festival might as well be a World's Fair. We are serious about all things pumpkins from the Pumpkin donuts to the Pumpkin Chili. I love the apple cider slushies!

Our festival wouldn't go off without volunteers. I imagine every other town feels the same. Everywhere you look, volunteers are there. People are smiling, happy and having a great time together in service.

I can't even imagine the number of collective volunteer hours it takes in preparation, in execution and clean-up for a four day festival.

Keeping it simple today.

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. "-Galatians 5:13

Today, I am grateful for volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment