Sunday, September 25, 2022

He Sees Past Our Imperfections

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 268: Today, I am grateful He sees past our imperfections.

"We please Him most, not by frantically trying to make ourselves good, but by throwing ourselves into His arms with all our imperfections and believing that He understands everything -- and still loves." -A.W. Tozer

I try to do things well, but sometimes my efforts miss the mark.  There are many times I fail to respond in the way He would have me to respond.  

We are not yet finished. We learn as we go along. He will light the way. I love the image Tozer creates of us throwing our imperfect selves into the open, welcoming arms of a God who loves us. 

This scripture was one used at Sally's funeral. It was one of her favorites and perfect for the occasion. 

"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 3:13-14 

We are not going to get it all right, but we can keep running the race. 

Today, I am grateful He sees past our imperfections.


No comments:

Post a Comment