Saturday, September 17, 2022

Reminders to Pause

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 260: Today, I am grateful for reminders to pause.

We go too fast. We all need reminders to slow down a bit. Some of the best things in life are worth the wait. 

I love this reminder in scripture that what likes God being slow, is really Him being patient: 

"The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." -2 Peter 3:9

Lately, more than ever, I find myself saying "even so Lord Jesus, come." But there are many who have not turned their hearts to Him. The time grows short and life has unexpected plot twists. 

Pause to seek His face.  Be still. Take in the wonder of a God who keeps His promises, but is never in a hurry. 

Today, I am grateful for reminders to pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment