Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Focus

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 80: Today, I am grateful we can choose our focus. 

"Life is like a camera. Just focus on what's important. Capture the good times. Develop from the negatives. And if things don't turn out, just take another shot." 

Great advice. How easy it is to look at the landscape of our days and not know where to focus. Life can be full. It can be a bit overwhelming when we try to take in the big picture all at once.  

There is a reason God gave us one day at a time with no "re-dos" and no "skip overs." We are to focus on the one day in front of us. 

Last weekend I had my "big girl camera" out. We are still getting to know each other. It is easy to grab my phone for pictures (and I am grateful for the convenience of having it with me most of the time), but I am never disappointed when I take the time to pull out my SLR. The focus and the sharpness of the pictures never disappoint. 

As I play with settings and the sweet spots, I suffer through some let than perfect shots. It is part of the learning. There is nothing sweeter than nailing the focus. Once I figure something out, I can use the knowledge again and again. Life is full of learning curves. 

I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,  I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.-Philippians 3:12-14

Focus. Press on. Keep your eye on the prize. 

Today, I am grateful we can choose our focus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment