Saturday, March 4, 2023

Soup

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 63: Today, I am grateful for soup! 

I love soup! I could seriously eat it for every meal. I prefer the hearty ones that eat like a meal, but all kinds of soups strike my fancy. 

When our World Language Teacher, Mindy, would make traditional beet soup (borscht) from Russia, I was always excited when she shared. Soups are a great way to try the tastes of unfamiliar cultures. 

Soup is best when shared with loved ones. I make clam chowder for most Super Bowls by request. Chili, potato, squash, creamy tomato, and another favorite is a tomato based "School Soup." Add the right bread or a salad and it really is a great meal. 

Every culture I know has soup. It stretches the ingredients when the pantry is low. It helps us get our veggies. It makes hospitality affordable for everyone. 

One of our family favorites is Red Beans and Rice... except, we never make the rice. We serve it with cornbread. 

"It is better to eat soup with someone you love than steak with someone you hate"-Proverbs 15:17 (TLB)

March and April are great soup months. Many are low calorie and full of good nutrition. Bone broth is full of health benefits. 

This is an easy gratitude! 

Today, I am grateful for soup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment