Thursday, March 30, 2023

To Be Surrounded


Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 89: Today, I am grateful to be surrounded.

I love the introduction to this song on the video: 

"The Word says, 'In the spirit of heaviness, put on the garment of praise.'" - Michael W. Smith

Not a new song, but well worth a listen. The video recording is from 2017. 

  Surrounded (Fight My Battles) by  Michael W Smith

What an anthem of praise! 

The music of Michael W. Smith always feels like a letter from an old friend. I wonder how many songs he has written over the years? And, he has written music for so many other artists. His talent is a gift to the world. I  am not sure I could pick a favorite song. And, he is an amazing pianist.

The scripture associated with his introduction(Isaiah 61: 3) is worth looking up at Biblegateway.com and clicking on "all English translations." I could not choose a favorite translation.  

"to preserve those who mourn in Zion, to give to them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified." -Isaiah 61:3(MEV)

I don't know why He loves us enough to keep trading beauty for ashes, but he does. He longs to replace our mourning with "the oil of joy."  Weeping lasts for a season, but He wants to wipe our tears and restore our joy. 

He covers us with His hand.

Today, I am grateful to be surrounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment