Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Give Our All

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 73: Today, I am grateful we can give our all. 

Isn't it good to know we don't have to be perfect? We just have to give our all. 

I know my "all" is far from perfect. I like to get things right and please others, but there are times I get it all wrong. Failure is a great teacher, but it isn't fun. There can be peace in knowing we gave our best efforts. 

I love this passage. 

"And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength." -Deuteronomy 6:5 NLT

Giving our all is the request. Perfection is not required. 

I can't help but think of the Samaritan woman who met Jesus at the well.  He should not have even spoken to her, by cultural standards, but he did. Not only did he speak to her, he called her out and invited her to seek the living water that only He could provide. 

He did not ask her to be perfect. He sought only to help her see that the brokenness she knew did not define her. There was so much more ahead for her.  He didn't ask for perfection. He asked for her "all". 

All of her brokenness and mistakes.
All of her fears and disappointments.
All of her successes. 
All of her hopes and dreams. 
All of her tomorrows. 

He can use our imperfection and our talents and gifts. He is the Master Potter. We are the clay that must be willing to submit it all. 

Today, I am grateful we can give our all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment