Saturday, March 11, 2023

Clocks that Change Automatically

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 70: Today, I am grateful for clocks that change automatically. 

Tonight we "spring forward" an hour with Daylight Savings Time. I don't love it. That hour forward is painful. It is much easier to fall backwards. 

My friend, Kelly, posted this image. It speaks volumes about what we will need tomorrow to get us through the day. A nap is a good idea, too. 

It dawned in me that many of our clocks will set themselves automatically. I am grateful for those clocks. Some will be wrong for a while, because I don't notice them. The automatic ones are a real blessing. 

Honestly, I am mixed up for about a week. The time it feels like it should be and the time it really is... they are not the same.  

Until my body adjusts, I feel a little confused.  

It made me think of this verse:

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36 

The day will come, and no man or woman knows the hour. Many will be confused on that day, too. But for those who prepare, it will be an automatic time change... into eternity.

Until that day comes, we will continue to manage time changes twice a year where we live. 

Today, I am grateful for clocks that change automatically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment