Saturday, September 14, 2024

The End

 
















Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 258: Today, I am grateful for the end. 

Every celebration has a beginning and an end. Sweet Nina Milankovic Forret shared this image with me. I knew I wanted to use it for a gratitude post. She framed it beautifully. The sun has now set on another Pumpkin Festival. The countdown until next year's festival begins. Every ending is a new beginning. 

Endings can be happy and they can be sad. Any way you slice it, they are part of life. Nature reminds us all of the time about the circle of life. Soon, I will harvest seeds from my zinnias and my hyacinth bean vine. Their death at the end of summer gives us the seeds for next year. Endings can bring mixed emotions. How we frame them matters. I will choose to frame them with hope. 

The end of the Festival means some traditions were kept. We tried new things, too. Time spent with our grown children is always treasured. Family came to visit (Kathleen & Trinity). Many who have moved away came home for a visit, too. Many apple cider slushies were consumed. It was a jam packed week and weekend. We need an end so we can rest and recover.

" For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.  For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better." -Philippians 1:1-22

This passage has been on my mind. It is one of my favorites. We are so blessed to be able to have the confidence that comes from knowing Jesus.  

Today, I am grateful for the end.. and what comes next. 



No comments:

Post a Comment