Monday, September 2, 2024

My Brother's Choice

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 246: Today, I am grateful for my brother's choice. 

"You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit." It is a popular saying. It is good practice. Be grateful for what you have. 

Sometimes, a gift is  beyond our expectations. My little brother chose his partner for life well. She is the sister he chose for me, and I would not trade her for anything. She makes me laugh. She shares our tears and our fears. She loves Jesus. She is a great Mom. She is the best of the best. 

I am grateful for the way she loves my sons and my husband. She loves our whole family... the whole Blooming Bess Bunch, the Lindgren Clan, and the Smith side, too. She meant it when she said, "I do. I choose you." 

She puts others first and has a genuinely generous spirit. Her birthday is an opportunity to say "thank-you" and we notice. 

"And how happy I was with the world he created; how I rejoiced with the human family!" -Proverbs 8:31

Today, I am grateful for my brother's choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment