Friday, September 27, 2024

Book Gathering


Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 271: Today, I am grateful for book gathering. 

"Like squirrels gather nuts for winter, autumn signals my need to collect more books for the cold months ahead." -James E. Davis

Audiobooks fit easily into my life. I have used digital books when traveling, but I love the feel of a real book in my hand. 

I like to mark up books I study. I love the smell of books... old and new. When the power goes out for extended periods or we find ourselves away from the power grid, a physical book is a welcome treasure. 

Books can hold recipes, medical treatments, and tips for growing food. A book can transport us to far away places without leaving our comfy chair. 

My favorite book is my Bible. I know Abe Lincoln read it over and over. God's perfect wisdom can be found between the pages.  

Today, I am grateful for book gathering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment