Saturday, September 7, 2024

Warning Labels


Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 251: Today, I am grateful for  warning labels. 

"For pride is spiritual cancer: it eats up the very possibility of love, or contentment or even common sense." - C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis was a great thinker and observer. He  takes the most complex spiritual thoughts and gives them clarity. I am grateful for the many times his words act as warning labels. 

Warning labels help increase safety. They bring our attention to hidden and unseen dangers. They remind us to think before we act. 

The world is full of dangerous things, but C.S. Lewis often wrote words that act as warning labels for our souls as we sift through modern living. Isn't it funny that his books seem timeless? I think it is because they are deeply reflective of the scriptures he read often as he sought truth. 

I discovered this as my verse of the day, after the gratitude was written. It is a better fit than the one I thought of first. (That is always a God-wink. He wins again.) 

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing." - Psalm 143:10

His Word and His Spirit often give warning when we approach dangerous ground or waters.

Today, I am grateful for  warning labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment