Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Apple Cider Slushies

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 255: Today, I am grateful for Uncle Bud's Apple Cider Slushies. 

I love pumpkin. I really do. But my favorite treat each year at the Pumpkin Festival is the Apple Cider Slushies from Uncle Bud's. They are incredible. Sweet and tangy at the same time. 

I have a motto, "A slushie a day until the festival goes away (and two on Saturday)." 

The nicest people run it. They greet each customer with kindness. Even when the lines are wild and long, they understand customer service. They move fast but never skimp on service. 

I am sure there are many faces that become familiar as they make their rounds from spring until fall. Still, it is so nice to be recognized. There is something special about being known. I am reminded of this passage I recently shared with a friend battling cancer. It is one of my favorites for troubled times, too. 

In our joys and in our sorrows, we have a God who sees us. 

"Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, ‘You are the God who sees me.’ She also said, ‘Have I truly seen the One who sees me?’” (Genesis 16:13)

In Hebrew, the name is "El Roi." What a beautiful thing it is to be known by "the God who sees me." It reminds of that old song, "Someone to Watch Over Me." It whispers comfort when the day is long or the situation is difficult. 

Today, I am grateful for Uncle Bud's Apple Cider Slushies... and for a God who sees me.



1 comment:

  1. When your air conditioner breaks down in the sweltering heat of Mumbai, you need a fast and reliable solution. Our emergency AC repair in Mumbai is designed to address urgent repair needs with speed and efficiency. Our team of certified professionals is available 24/7 to respond to your call and provide on-the-spot repairs, ensuring you don’t have to suffer through uncomfortable temperatures for long. We specialize in troubleshooting and fixing a wide range of issues, including refrigerant leaks, faulty thermostats, electrical malfunctions, and more. Our experts carry all the necessary tools and equipment to get your AC unit up and running again as quickly as possible. With our prompt and professional service, you can rest assured that your comfort is our top priority. Trust our emergency AC repair service in Mumbai for swift solutions that restore your cooling system to peak performance.

    ReplyDelete