Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chase's First Loft






















This is the July 2013 Sketch for ScrapHappy I made my own.  It was a quick and easy way to get this season in our life scrapped as my oldest son begins his grown up life!  

This is the story of our loft hunting adventures. It is so exciting that he has found an urban setting with a "hometown" feel. The first neighbors he encountered were a man that grew up near Peoria but ended up in "the District" after living in California. He has been there five years and loves it.  The next encounter was a spunky little gal of 91, named Gabby.  She lives above one of the theaters. She was a hoot! On her way to breakfast and loving life. It is wild and crazy on weekend nights...and a cozy little neighborhood on weekend mornings. It seemed just right. 

Now, I have to breathe deep and prepare for my first bird to fly the nest.  I have such mixed emotions- but I will never take for granted the gift of his health, the blessing of his educational opportunities that he took full advantage of and the hand of God as he begins this next step in his life. Savoring the gifts and seeing his excitement. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a milestone! The loft looks awesome! Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete