Friday, October 28, 2022

Beauty That Fades Away

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 301: Today, I am grateful for reminders that beauty and flowers fade away. 

"As the Scriptures say, “People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. But the word of the Lord remains forever.” And that word is the Good News that was preached to you." -1 Peter 1:24-25 

Some people are beautiful on the surface, but it goes no deeper. I prefer radiant beauty. It is the true beauty that comes from within. It can be missed by the casual observer. We sometimes have to pause to really see it, and we are often in a hurry.

Children have a knack for finding beauty. I love to watch them and try to learn from them. 

This passage reminds us that the "word of the Lord remains forever." I need to stay focused on the eternal and not the fleeting. I am so easily distracted. I am reminded to be intentional in my observations of the world around me and to be confident that His Word remains forever. The beauty is that it never fades. 

Today, I am grateful for reminders that beauty and flowers fade away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment