Sunday, August 20, 2023

Air Conditioning

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 232- Today, I am grateful for air conditioning.

We are hitting a heat wave this week. It never fails. As soon as the kids get back in school, there always seems to be a heatwave. 

Then, by the end of football of fall sports, the temperatures are freezing. I love the changing seasons, but some I would like to be longer than others. 

Our little blue planet's annual trip around the sun seems faster each year. There are truly only a few weeks between summer's heat, fall's briskness, and winter's deep chill. Right now, we are feeling the heat, so I am extremely grateful for air conditioning. 

Air Conditioning is on my "once a year" gratitude list because I never want to take it for granted. (Great idea for today's gratitude, Jennifer.)

This passage was perfect for today. 

"For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer." -Psalm 32:4

Spending any time outside at all zaps your strength. Air conditioned spaces provide comfort and a place to rest and restore.  The Psalm uses it to describe how we feel when we are out of step with our Lord. 

Nothing is hidden from him. It is something we know intellectually, but we forget there is a human physical response to being out of step with Him due to unconfessed sin. Confession frees our souls and lightens our spirits. It is refreshing like air conditioning. 

Today, I am grateful for air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment