Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Caught

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 235- Today, I am grateful to be caught.

For me, this is the right verse at the right time:

I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. -Psalm 94:18-19

How I love the word picture created in this passage. The sense of being caught and supported by His unfailing love. Oh, the joy!

Sometimes, we see or sense danger. Other times, it catches us unaware. In every situation, He is ready to catch us, to support us, to give us renewed hope, and cheer. What a deal, right? 

I had a little "slip and fall" event recently, but someone was there to catch me and help me up. The only thing hurt was my pride. Hurt pride is character forming and good for us. Self reliance can be a dangerous thing. Of course, "pride goes before a fall", so maybe it was all a part of the lesson I needed for the day... or the week. 

Just when I think I have things under control, there are twists and turns in the road. When I get too caught up in my personal "to-do" list, I have to trust His plan. When He redirects me, I need to fall into His arms and not fight the fall. 

Today, I am grateful to be caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment