Saturday, August 12, 2023

Chase





Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 224- Today, I am grateful for Chase!

How can it be that 32 years have flown by? 

What a wonderful ride it has been to see him grow from newborn to a man and a husband. I never want to be prideful about my children, because I know they had imperfect parents. Somehow, they came out really special. Today is Chase's day. 

I love his integrity, his compassionate heart, his deep ability to love, watching his mind work, his wit, and his wisdom. He listens and picks up not just on things said, but unsaid. He loves Emma with complete devotion, and her taking first place as the most important woman in his life, somehow makes me love him more. It is as it should be... and she loves him back with the same devotion, as God intended.  

He looks like his Dad... but there are things we have in common that are totally genetic. (Sorry Emma... he will always have hobbies and something new sparking his interest every 5-10 years.) He is faithful, loyal, and his soul is gentle. One on one conversations are the best. He really listens. 

He is precious to us... but Jesus loves him even more. I don't think I fully understood "being willing to lay down my life without hesitation" for another, until I held him in my arms. It is why you don't mess with Mama Bears. 

"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him." Psalm 127:3 

We love him more than words can say. We are always happy to celebrate his special day... but he is not one who seeks attention. We pray that God grants him many more birthdays to live, laugh, love, and serve. 

Today, I am grateful for Chase!







No comments:

Post a Comment