Thursday, August 3, 2023

I Will Sing


Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 216- Today, I am grateful we can sing!"  

 "But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress." -Psalms 59:16 NLT

I love the attitude and the energy in this verse. "I will sing" appears twice in this  verse. It is as if the author is filled with so much joy and excitement, he cannot help but sing. Have you ever felt an uncontainable song burst from your soul?

The author is so moved by God's presence that he bursts forth in song!  

When I was in high school, we performed the song "June Is Bustin' Out All Over" in the classic musical, "Carousel." The dance was a bit of a can-can and we swished our skirts back and forth. It was fun. It was sassy. It oozed with the confidence of life returning in the Spring. 

"June Is Bustin' Out All Over" still comes to mind when June returns each year. It is a time when we cannot help but sing.  

Is that the way I feel when I enter into the presence of our Lord and King? Does a song burst out because I can't contain it? 

What modern music artists who draw the crowds in such a way that the average "worshiper" bursts out in song? No one is embarrassed or shy about singing "Sweet Caroline", "I've Got Friends In Low Places", or "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Yet, we shy away from being fully sold out and uninhibited before the throne of His Grace and His Mercy. 

Who do we worship? It is something to think about reflectively. Who do we sing about with wild abandonment? 

Today, I am grateful we can sing!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment