Saturday, August 26, 2023

Scrolls

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 238- Today, I am grateful for "Scrolls."   

Our family is big on supporting local businesses whenever we can. In a little village like ours, if we don't show up and shop with our local store owners, we will lose them. 

Amazon won't ever love you back... ever. Our little Mom and Pop shops do.

We have the cutest little ice-cream shop in town. It is called "Scrolls." They artistically create and roll scrolls of ice cream mixed with all kinds of goodness. It is part entertainment and part delicious dessert. You have to check them out. 

My Daughter-in-Love, Emma, testifies without hesitation that "there is always room for ice cream!" We believe she is right!  My Dad would have loved that about Emma.  Dad felt the same way and so did my Grandpa Lindgren. 

The Love of My Life is a big ice cream fan, too. I try to make sure he always has some in the freezer, but a trip to "Scrolls" is always more fun than the ice cream at home... especially with the family. And, the couple who own the shop (and their family) are the best! The ice cream might be frozen, but the welcome is warm.  

They have some pre-rolled and ready to go, but if you have the time... savor the experience. It is worth the wait. 

"Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." -Psalm 27:13-14

Today, I am grateful for "Scrolls." 

No comments:

Post a Comment