Tuesday, August 29, 2023

From Scratch Recipes

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 241- Today, I am grateful for from scratch recipes. 

Growing up rural, we made big grocery trips only once or twice a month. We purchased milk, bread, and other staples at the local grocery store, but for big grocery shopping... we ran to Kankakee. 

Have I mentioned how much I dislike the taste of white bread that has been frozen? It comes from a childhood of freezer burnt bread. Yuck! The truth is, I have never been hungry or I wouldn't be so opinionated about such things. I

This recipe for Bleu Cheese dressing looks delicious and easy. The hardest thing would be waiting 24 hours before serving it up. Some recipes taste better after the flavors blend together. 

Cooking from scratch makes use of what is in the pantry.

"Lazy people don’t even cook the game they catch, but the diligent make use of everything they find." -Proverbs 12:27

I know the gift of easy meals, but I don't want to forget the value of "from scratch" recipes.

Today, I am grateful for from scratch recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment