Thursday, August 10, 2023

Encouraging Words

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 222- Today, I am grateful for encouraging words. 

You may never know the difference an encouraging word can make in someone else's dark day. Everyone has some unseen trial they have experienced. Encouragement is like throwing light on a dark place. 

It scatters. I like to think of it as glitter. 

"So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing." --1 Thessalonians 5:11

My friend, Patti M....she is an encourager. She gave me a sign for my desk that reminds us to build each other up. She does that in her classroom. I have seen her throw a little glitter of encouragement and change the mood in a room. 

The Complain Train and the Encouragement Engine ride the same rails. Sometimes, they are hooked together, which is good for one of them. 

I need the reminder to be intentional. The Lord knows my thoughts... which is pretty humbling. 

I used to have a quote on all of my emails that said, "Be a lamp, a ladder, or a lifeboat." It is a choice we make every day. Lamps light the way and disperse the darkness. A ladder lifts someone up who is struggling. A lifeboat is purely a rescue. All of us need to be rescued sometimes. That, too, is  humbling. 

Today, I am grateful for encouraging words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment