Wednesday, August 14, 2024

A Clean Lens

Gratitude Year 12- Day 227: Today, I am grateful  for a clean lens.

I had a recent reminder of the value of cleaning your lenses. One a camera or on  your glasses, cleaning a lens can make all the difference. 

I was sitting at work, staring at the computer and one eye felt weird. It wasn't really a headache, but perhaps the start of one. Something was no quite right. Finally, I took off my glasses and looked at the lenses I was attempting to see through. There was a huge foggy spot on my right lens. 

I proceeded to the kitchen and used the available dish soap to clean my lenses. Oh what a difference a little soap can make. I am grateful for the person who taught me that trick. Dawn and a microfiber cloth for drying is my favorite soap and cloth combination. On my glass camera lens, I like the alcohol wipes. 

Through a clean lens, everything looks better. Headaches can be averted and eyes strain is reduced. 

A few years ago, there was a popular book titled, "Girl, Wash Your Face." Well, "Girl, clean your glasses" might be equally good advice. It is amazing the difference clearer vision makes as we face our days.

This miracle recorded in the Gospel of Mark says this:

"Then Jesus placed his hands on the man’s eyes again, and his eyes were opened. His sight was completely restored, and he could see everything clearly.: -Mark 8:25

Restoration and clear vision. Jesus is way better than dish soap and a cloth! 

Today, I am grateful  for a clean lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment