Monday, August 12, 2024

Symbols of Patience

Gratitude Year 12- Day 225: Today, I am grateful for symbols of patience. 

Sometimes, we have to wait.  

This image was so pretty. I like fishing. I love when someone takes my fish off the hook for me. My men are not fishermen. Chase used to enjoy going with our dear friend, Robin. It is not a common family activity, unless we are with extended family in Michigan. 

The bobber is the symbol of "the wait." When it starts to bob up and down in the water, the excitement builds, but if you move too soon... you lose the fish. Learning to wait is a real life skill. 

Teaching children to save is not easy in a society that rewards us for purchases we make at a whim online. I am guilty of it, too. I do not sit here in judgement. I, also, know that when I wait, the impulse passes and no purchase is made. Practicing "the pause" is good. 

"I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him." -Psalm 62:1

Watch the bobber and wait. 

Today, I am grateful for symbols of patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment