Sunday, August 11, 2024

Chase

Gratitude Year 12- Day 224: Today, I am grateful for Chase.

Chase changed our world. He made us parents. He turned us from a couple into a family. 

Chase could ask questions like no other. He was constantly thinking and evaluating. He was comfortable with adults, but enjoyed being around kids his own age, too. He is still fun to engage in conversation. 

"Children are a gift from the Lord;
    they are a reward from him." -Psalm 127:3

There is so much truth in those words. Our children fill our days with love, life, and laughter. As Chase celebrates another trip around the sun and begins another, I know God has good things in store for him and for Emma. 

When Chase was little, we used to read the book, "I Love You, Forever." These words are still so true: "I love you forever, I like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." 

They grow out of our laps, but never out of our hearts. They make their own homes, but we love "family reunions" when everyone is around the table the way it was when they were little. 

I am grateful for the child he was and the man he has become. 

Today, I am grateful for Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment