Monday, August 19, 2024

Good Books

 

Gratitude Year 12- Day 232: Today, I am grateful for good books... and "The Good Book." 

"Visit many good books, but live in the Bible." - Charles Spurgeon

There is nothing like a good book to fill a quiet afternoon. It is a way to take a trip to the other side of the world... or back in time... without leaving home. I love good books!

On my bookshelves are some of my favorite books from my favorite authors. I enjoy a little home library. Occasionally, I will pick up one to re-read or to share with a friend. A well-loved book is like an old friend. My Bible is like a best friend. 

Proverbs is one of my favorite books within "The Good Book." God granted Solomon wisdom and he wrote it down for our benefit. Even those who reject The Bible as God's word, often find great value in Proverbs. 

One of my favorite passages about Jesus talks about books that were never written:

"Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." -John 21:25

Today, I am grateful for good books... and "The Good Book." 

No comments:

Post a Comment