Saturday, August 25, 2012

I See You...

I try really hard to not be one of those people that just goes on and on about their own kids- you know the ones I mean.  Maybe that is why I love to scrapbook.  I can write down how I really feel about my children - for their benefit - and not someone else's boredom.  I want them to know how very much I love and treasure them. I want them to begin to grasp how God has blessed them.  When something in their life is hard, I don't want them to say "Why me?".  I want them to say, "Why not me?" 

In truth...as I once heard Max Lucado put it..."only by God's grace and Jesus' blood do I NOT get what I deserve."  Any good thing that comes is a gift and every trial is an opportunity to grow.  Joy is the fruit of this knowledge.  

As our children grow into young adults...our parenting role seems to change.  Less discipline and more mentoring.  I pray we are doing the right things so that they choose wisely their paths and whom they will serve.  We are not perfect and fail miserably at times.  I am glad they show us forgiveness. It is fun to do an occaisonal layout reflecting on who we see them becoming and how that makes us feel as parents.  

I used the Smart Alec kit from The Daily Digi....that little monthly download is truly the best friend to a new Digi or Hybrid scrapper, like myself.  Now- on to a paper page...after I FINALLY clean my Scrapcave. Don't tell my hubby- he will be so surprised. 

Have a sensational Saturday.
Valerie



1 comment:

  1. I love this! Fantastic job on the journaling. There is an amazing resemblance that is in both of your eyes. Gorgeous layout and I love the little owl. You are all very blessed.

    ReplyDelete