Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy Birthday DeAnn!

My dear friend DeAnn is celebrating the anniversary of her arrival on the planet.  What a treasure she is to me.  She is one of those special women who doesn't seek drama, she treasures her friends, her love is unconditional and she is very real. She will never dominate a conversation unless you ask her to take center stage -but we all can learn from her wisdom if we take the time to listen.  

DeAnn is the same age as my little sister...two years my younger.  I like to think that if April had lived long enough, we would have a relationship like DeAnn and I have shared.  I am so very blessed to call her my friend. I treasure her more than she knows - even though we do not get to see each other as often as I would like.  

DeAnn came to me through PTO volunteering.  We served together and our friendship grew. Our mutual friendship with our Kim and my "sisterhood" with my girlfriend Jill, brought us all together. In fact, Kim eventually chose to worship with Jill and I and DeAnn's boys were all part of our youth programs - while they continue to attend the lovely church DeAnn grew up attending. Together...DeAnn, Jill, Kim & I made a fabulous.... foursome. 

Faith...friendship...fighting cancer...Photos (that is almost an "f"...finishing each other's thought and sentences... and finally finishing up our years in PTO service...it has been a very special 18 years! 

The reason my blog has been neglected has been due to a full plate. The love of my life had a motorcycle accident 8/24 breaking both wrists and cracking his sternum. He is doing well, but it was a long haul to healthy. At the same time - my Jill...my best girlfriend and "sister" for the past 27 years was finishing her battle with cancer...finding her deliverance from suffering on 09/07...and in between those events.. a very special, Godly man who coached both my sons in tennis died suddenly in between those dates. I can't even begin to describe those two weeks and months to follow. Blogging was what I had to let go.  So I did. 

I've spent the past few months healing...and finding my gratitude sweet spot to bring me back to the joy of  my "art" and daily life.  I am so grateful for my husband's healing hands and chest. I am grateful for the years Jill and I shared from meeting at college(ONU)  in 1987 to our deep friendship of the past 27 years. I am grateful for the gift of the boys coach..for every minute they spent under his instruction in tennis and in life. Joal was only 35... but he impacted more youth for Christ in his short time here than some will given twice as many years. He lived his "dash" to the fullest.  I am savoring that...as my friend Barb posted yesterday to Facebook..."When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart." 

I have not stopped scrapping.  I completed my daily layout in October's LOAD.  I continue to post my daily gratitude on Facebook...as I have for the past 2 years and 25 days. Scrapping and seeking gratitude have been my direct ticket to the throne of grace and peace as we have encountered some difficult days.  I hold tight to my life verse - "Be still...and know...that I AM...God. Trust that...and the rest works itself out. 

If you are visiting for the first time...or are back after my sabbatical...I am glad you are here. Journaling is my passion...so some of the tough stuff gets included, too. I find it healing.  I journal in light of my faith - because without my faith...there would be no light and hope.  

To bring it full circle...I am grateful for DeAnn.  I am grateful God gave her another year.  I hope we increase our shared moments in 2015. Here is a layout I made of the four of us at DeAnn's son's wedding. We had no idea what the next two years would bring.  And to that I say - THANK GOD!  I, also thank him for this craft/hobby/art that lets us capture special moments, friendship and stories before they are gone...and before we forget. This layout is actually about me(I am learning to include myself in my albums these past two years )but they are a apart of the story.  It is one of the best I have of me and "The Girls" as DeAnn's grandson calls us.  From left to right...the Birthday Girl DeAnn...Me...Jill...and Kim. I love these ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment