Monday, January 11, 2016

Every Day Praise...Even Monday


Year 4-Day 11:  Today, I am grateful for the joy of every day praise...and this little squirrel captured with paws raised high to the heavens. 

Today, will likely be short and sweet. It is Monday. 

This squirrel makes me smile. I can't help it...his joy is contagious.  

"Squirrel" is what we yell when someone gets distracted from the task at hand around my house.  Most of us are easily distracted at different times.  On a Monday, with the whole week ahead, the goal is to start the week off on a good foot, focused and with a plan.  
Here is my verse of the day:

Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me free. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?- Psalm 118:5-6

Monday's can be distressing, with a long "to do" list.  Now...instead of the word "man" in the last sentence...ask "what can "Monday" do to me?"  If the Lord is on our side, we have enough.  He longs to be our "enough". 

Psalm 145:21 says- "My mouth will speak the praise of the LORDand let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever." 

Look out the window. Even in the winter, nature sings his praise. The trees reach up. The birds brave enough to stay through winters chill, still sing.  the earth lies blanketed in snow, not dead...only resting. Nature cannot refrain from offering praise. 

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” - Luke19:40

This scripture is Jesus words when the Pharisees tried to shush the the disciples of Jesus and the people shouting Hosanna at his entry into Jerusalem, not long before his arrest and crucifixion. Worshiped as a king on one day...and a week later...hung on a cross. Public opinion is so easily swayed. Still, heaven and nature will sing His praise. 

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.Praise the Lord-Psalm 150:6 

Today, I have breath.  I know...it practically freezes when I exhale into the cold air...and I can definitely see my breath. Instead of complaining about the cold... I can chose to celebrate each breath. 

Today, I can learn a great deal from a squirrel. I will look and learn.  

Today, I am grateful for the joy of every day praise...and this little squirrel captured with paws raised high to the heavens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment