Sunday, April 2, 2017

J.B.



Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 90: Today, I am grateful for the kindness of a friend in sharing this gem from our madrigal days in High School.

Listening with my eyes closed, I can pick out a few of the voices of treasured friends. "Weep, Oh Mine Eyes" was one of our non-Christmas songs. Has it really been more than 30 years?

There was something about madrigal music that drew us together in a unique way.  It wasn't just the joy in nailing a piece or achieving a perfect score at contest.

Those things were good, but it was the practice time as we learned to listen to each other... as we learned the weaving of the music in and out until we mastered the vocal dance... those are the moments that brought us together creating a bond. Our voices were our only instruments. We had to trust and rely on each other.

A simple pitch pipe and our cheerleader, corrector( in love and expecting excellence) and director... Anna. Such sweet memories of the work and the results.

What fun it is to step back in time and hear the magic once again. I can't believe this recording has survived to be shared. Be kind as you listen.

I can't help but smile.

Yes, today...I am grateful for you JB! You know I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment