Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Radiant



Daily Gratitude Year 5- Day 116: Today, I am grateful for the word "radiant".

One word can be an encouragement and a challenge. It can make me smile and feel challenged at the same time. Today's word is radiant. This image is from Kate Sullivan on Instagram. 



Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. -Psalm 34:5

What a great verse of promise, hope and challenge! I am reminded daily that it is hard to act in love in the daily grind of garbage duty, cooking the meals, answering the phone and managing the mess that real living hands out every day. 

Still, in this tiny verse is the answer to every question by such a simple design:

"Those who look to him..."  He is the source from which light, full life and warmth radiate. 

How is radiant defined?

radiant:
adjective
1. sending out light; shining or glowing brightly.
2. bright with hope
noun
3. a point or object from which light or heat radiates

If you have lived in an older home... or newer one... radiant heat may be familiar. I remember surrounding radiators in old buildings as a child. Today, they put "radiant" heat in floors for a taste of luxury that is practical, too. There must be a source from which the heat or light radiates.

In our faith walks, we are encouraged by those who radiate God's light. None of us is perfect. He is close to those who seek his face and whispers encouragement even in our bad days. To be radiant is an evidence of God's love. Isn't love often described at "warm" or "light"? God is love. God is the source. If we achieve any radiance, it is all Him. 

Most know of my infatuation with Moses. I have a cartouche with my name in hieroglyphics that my Randy surprised me with one Christmas (I kind of hinted for years by opening the "Wireless" catalog to the page every Christmas for years... but the year I didn't hint, he surprised me.) I love it because I imagine that it was what Moses knew and read in the palace  as the adopted prince of Egypt. 


When God called him up to service... called him out... Moses was not always quickly cooperative. God is persistent. Just as Miriam and his mother wove the basket that floated Moses in the Nile for a princess rescue, God wove Moses and his story for a big part in God's love story of redemption. A long, beautiful and intricate love story with plenty of adventure along the way. 


I love the song "It Must Be You" - sung by Bart Millard (MercyMe) from "Songs Inspired by The Story.
"If there's anything good in me, it must be you. If there's any part of my shaking heart to see this journey through, it must be you. Not going to argue with fiery branches that speak my name." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQdzksTCaQ  

"Those who look to him..." 

Satan chants, "You will never be good enough." "You will fail."  "You aren't talented enough." "You have too much past." 


God says, "I AM who I am." He was, is and will be our enough. 

What is God urging you to do today, for His kingdom? Don't worry about perfection of getting it right. Just let him be the radiant source of love and light. Be on the look out for fiery branches that speak your name. I've already had mine today. I just replied to one of my "sisters" about the opportunity to lead some Bible Journaling this summer. 

Today, I am grateful for the word "radiant"... and knowledge of the radiant one who provides all I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment